Discuss the White Identity Development Stages (from all of the models) discussed in the chapter. Use the following questions to guide your discussion: 1. What are the ways in which Whites have been harmed by racism?
Here is the link to where you can upload the textbook for free. Go on:
The book online is the 5th edition, but we are required to use the 7th edition textbook. You can still use the 5th edition because they have the same information they are just worded differently. For this assignment read chapter 11 in the textbook, but I also want you to go on my student account and read the power points on chapter 12. Since the textbook editions are different please make sure that you read chapter 12 power points online after you are done reading chapter 11 in the textbook.
Chapter 12: White Racial Identity Development
Discuss the White Identity Development Stages (from all of the models) discussed in the chapter. Use the following questions to guide your discussion:
1. What are the ways in which Whites have been harmed by racism?
2. What are some ways in which White people can go about developing healthier racial identities?
3. Which White ego statuses are most harmful to people of color in counseling practice? Why?
4. What function do the various Information-Processing Strategies (IPS) serve for Whites?
5. Why might some White people have difficulty articulating what it means to be White?
6. What are the counseling implications for working with a client in various stages of White identity development?
7. When you answer these questions please be specific, for example when you answer the first question write it like this “The ways in which Whites have been harmed by racism are”… And do the same for the rest of the questions. Be specific enough where I can know that you are answering the questions and I can know exactly what questions you are answering.To access my student account to read chapter 12 power point please follow these steps
Step 1: Go to www.alvernia.edu
Step 2: Click on login
Step 3: Once you click on login, click on login again under blackboard.
Step 4: My username and password will come up
Step 5: Username: beje236928
Password: Winter16 (Please capitalize the W)
Step 6: Look to your right and click on multicultural issues in counseling
When you get there you will see it say Mcc530 summer 2016 power points. After you are done clicking on the power point click on chapter 12 to read the powerpoint.