AETIOLOGY & PATHOPHYSIOLOGY – List the causes & associated risk factors for the development of the disease and discuss. Explain and describe the DISEASE PROCESS: how the disease develops; what happens in the body; how the disease affects the various tissues/ organs/ systems.
You may use textbooks, a medical dictionary, the internet and any other resources to answer these questions. Please ensure the information you source is reputable and reliable. Published work, journal articles, books and reputable websites are acceptable. Please be careful with websites! Referencing is required for this assignment.Please set out the assignment in the following format – using the structure points below as HEADLINES:
1. DEFINITION – give a definition of the disease.
2. EPIDEMIOLOGY – list groups of people this disease normally affects, including statistics.
3. AETIOLOGY & PATHOPHYSIOLOGY – List the causes & associated risk factors for the development of the disease and discuss. Explain and describe the DISEASE PROCESS: how the disease develops; what happens in the body; how the disease affects the various tissues/ organs/ systems.
4. CLINICAL SIGNS & SYMPTOMS as well as RED FLAG SYMPTOMS ( please list).
5. DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS – list & discuss other diseases that look like/ present in a similar way to this
one and so need to be ruled out by investigations.
6. INVESTIGATIONS – Please list any investigative tests & tools used.
7. ORTHODOX MEDICAL TREATMENT – name and explain any orthodox treatments that are applied to this disease process.
8. NATURAL MEDICINE – choose a form of natural therapy- in this case TCM TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE) ) that may be used for treatment/ management of this disease and discuss. Do you think the natural treatment can work alongside the orthodox treatment schedule? Please substantiate your opinion- YES THEY CAN.
9. PROGNOSIS –explain and describe the outcome of the disease? Include possible COMPLICATIONS.
10.RESOURCE LIST – list resources that you think would be useful to support someone with this condition, for example self-help groups, national organisations, practitioners, institutions and why you have chosen each of them. Please include ALL contact details including phone number, postal address etc. (NOT INCLUDED IN WORD COUNT) 11. REFERENCES – Include a full reference list. Minimum of 9 References
Currently 3 writers are viewing this order