The Value of a Quality Assurance Department
Incrisis hospital has been concerned with the increased number of calls from patients regarding their quality of care from a variety of departments, including its emergency room, and its surgery, oncology, and X-ray/lab departments.
Incrisis is a 100-bed acute facility and was established in 2006. The human resource department hired you as a consultant to review the quality of care issue and make a recommendation on creating a quality assurance department.
Develop a 10- to 15-slide PowerPoint presentation to provide to the board of directors.
The presentation should cover the following topics:
- The link between cost and quality in healthcare. Cite at least two studies conducted in the past five years supporting your response.
- The role health insurance plays in cost, quality, and healthcare consumer expectations.
- The various customers (e.g., patients, families, providers, insurance companies) and the healthcare quality from their perspective.
- At least three current business initiatives driving healthcare quality.
- The role that national policy plays on the quality of healthcare.
- A clear explanation of why the quality assurance department should be created.
Submit the PowerPoint presentation to the M3: Assignment 2 Dropbox by Wednesday, June 29, 2016.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Discussed the link between cost and quality in healthcare and cited two studies.||
|Described the role health insurance plays in cost, quality, and healthcare consumer expectations.||
|Identified the customers and defined healthcare quality from their perspective.||
|Identified three business initiatives driving healthcare quality.||
|Articulated the impact of national policy on the quality of healthcare.||
|Demonstrated an understanding of the principles and practices of healthcare quality by making a recommendation to create a quality assurance department.||
|Style (4 points): Tone, audience, and word choice
Organization (12 points): Introduction, transitions, and conclusion
Usage and Mechanics (12 points): Grammar, spelling, and sentence structure
APA Elements (16 points): In-text citations and references, paraphrasing, and appropriate use of quotations and other elements of style