Describe the purpose of behavior management in early childhood education settings, including why it is important to think proactively.
Behavioral Support Plans
Review the Week 3 assignment, “Functional Behavioral Assessment Short Paper,” in which you outlined three challenging behaviors (and a possible function for each behavior) commonly observed in young children. Then, explore the purpose and process of behavior management in a paper in which you:
- Describe the purpose of behavior management in early childhood education settings, including why it is important to think proactively. Integrate the specific challenging behaviors to be detailed in this paper.
- Discuss three strategies teachers may use to determine the functions of challenging behaviors.
- Design an individual support plan for each of the challenging behaviors which includes:
- the possible functions of the behavior
- specific positive behavior supports
- replacement behaviors
- Summarize the role of the teacher in designing and implementing a classroom behavior plan.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be six to eight double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style