As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Perform research on the following:
• Assessment, diagnostic testing, and management of infectious conditions in a pediatric patient
• Differential diagnoses for presentation of symptoms involving infectious diseases in pediatric patients
After completing your research, consider this scenario:
An eighteen-month-old child, well-known to your practice, presents with a seven-day history of fever ranging from 101 to 104.7 degrees Fahrenheit. On the fourth day of the fever, the emergency department had performed the following tests:
• A blood and urine culture
• A complete blood count
• A comprehensive metabolic panel
The culture reports were found to be negative.
Today, the vitals of the child are the following:
• Temperature: 101.5 degrees Fahrenheit
• Heart rate: 120 beats/minute
• Respiratory rate: 20 breaths/minute
• Blood pressure: 90/40
Physical examination of the child indicates the following positive findings:
• Injected conjunctiva
• Palmar redness
• Magenta-colored lips
• Red macula
• Excoriating rashes in the diaper area
On the basis of the above information, respond to the following questions below:
• What will be your differential diagnoses for this patient?
• What specific physical exam findings support these differential diagnoses?
• Of the differential diagnoses you listed, which would be the most concerning?
• What additional diagnostic tests will you recommend? Why?
• What would be your focus for caregiver education?
Currently 1 writers are viewing this order