While Bayer has a matrix structure, it has maintained some flavor of a geographic area structure. What are the advantages and disadvantages of a geographic area structure as seen in this case?
Please answer below questions about International Strategic Management questions.
-I don\’t want essay format,Please answer like one by one.
-I upload images for the cases you can read cases from pictures and I Write case number and page number in upload pictures you can see easily which one is for.
-Please use basic words.
1. While Bayer has a matrix structure, it has maintained some flavor of a geographic area structure. What are the advantages and disadvantages of a geographic area structure as seen in this case?
2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of a matrix structure as seen in this case?
3. ON ETHICS: While this is a successful case of subsidiary initiative, from a corporate or division headquarters’ standpoint, it is often difficult to ascertain whether the subsidiary is making good-faith efforts acting in the best interest of the MNE or the subsidiary managers such as Babe are primarily promoting their own self-interest, such as protecting their own jobs. How can headquarters differentiate good-faith efforts from more opportunistic maneuvers?
1. If you were a private equity specialist, what kind of target firms would you look for?
2. If you were CEO of a publicly traded firm and were approached by a private equity firm, how would you proceed?
3. If you were a Chinese regulator, how concerned should you be after you have learned about the criticisms against private equity in the United States, Germany, South Korea, and elsewhere?
1. What are Whole Foods’ firm-specific resources and capabilities that underpin its success?
2. From an institution-based view, how would you characterize Whole Foods’ strategy featuring its “heroic” purpose to “try to change and improve our world”?
3. Why does Mackey acknowledge that most customers don’t care about consciousness, and yet he and his firm emphasize so much of it?