- List the daily breakdown of lesson topics to meet the final unit goal and that also addresses differentiated instruction and UDL. For example:
- 9th Grade English, Unit: Character Analysis
- Unit Goal: Students will use a word processing program to write an analysis of Holden Caulfield (main character in The Catcher in the Rye) and how his behavior is indicative of typical adolescence
- Day 1: Pre-assessment, introduction to book
- Day 2: Watch parts of “Dead Poet Society” with discussion
- Day 3: Writing Prompt (based on initial book chapters)
- Days 4-5: Graphic organizer- begin building character analysis with teacher-selected partner
- Describe how each daily activity incorporates differentiated instruction and UDL.
- Discuss two technology tools that will be incorporated throughout the unit including how each addresses differentiated instruction, how each will be used to aid instruction and how each is an example of universal design. Be sure to support with evidence from at least one scholarly source.
- Describe which self-regulation strategies have been built into the lesson and how they are reinforced and differentiated depending on the student’s level of need.
Instructive tools to consider for your lesson:
- 10 Emerging Education and Instructional Technologies that all Educators Should Know About (This list summarizes Emerging Education and Instructional Technologies)
- Tech Connections (this website provides a chart that explains how to connect technology with each multiple intelligence level and how it can be used to differentiate instruction)
- Ten Tips for Differentiation (this website lists technology tools by area of motivational needs to create a more engaging lesson)
- LiveBinders (this is a Live Binder that was created to provide teachers with resources for using digital tools in the classroom)
- The New York Institute of Technology (the New York Institute of Technology created webpage to help teachers find resources, services, and tools to support your teaching and learning)
Use your course text and at least two other sources (either scholarly article or online resource). Your paper will be formatted according to APA guidelines including title and reference pages.