SCI/220 Week 3
The Role of Vitamins, Minerals, and Water for Proper Body Physiology
Writea 50- to 100-word response to the following:
- Why does eating a salty meal cause your weight to increase temporarily?
- Why is hypertension called “the silent killer”?
- Explain how electrolytes function in the body?
- Which types of foods contribute the most sodium to the American diet?
5 Describe factors that affect peak bone mass and the rate of bone loss.
6 Explain how blood calcium levels are regulated.
- List foods that are good sources of calcium.
- Describe functions of calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium that are unrelated to their role in bone.