Assignment 2: Discussion Assignment
The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered.
For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by Saturday, December 19, 2015.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use outside sources. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Complete your participation for this assignment by Wednesday, December 23, 2015.
Public Health Issues
The main goal of public health is to prevent diseases and promote health of a population level.
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, identify, research, and read about a public health issue of your interest.
Based on your research, express your views on the following:
- What is the difference between public health and individual health?
- How does the system of health care delivery in the United States support the goals of public health?
- Is the health issue identified by you during the research being adequately addressed? Why or why not?
- What initiatives are in place to address your identified public health issue? Explain at least two such initiatives.
- What are the risks or social factors associated with your identified health issue?
- How are the three levels of government (national, state, and local) working together to address your identified health issue?