Both Business & Technical: “How to Protect Critical Infrastructure from Cyber-Terrorist Attacks”
This article deals with protection of home and enterprise users and in particular Critical Infrastructures (CIs) against attacks unleashed by terrorists or criminals. Threats and challenges in large-scale network protection are discussed and their congruent defense mechanisms are classified into defensive and offensive. One defensive and one offensive mechanism are described. The Early Detection, Alert and Response (eDare) framework is a defensive mechanism aimed at removing malware from NSPs’ traffic. eDare employs powerful network traffic scanners for sanitizing web traffic from known malware. Remaining traffic is monitored and various types of algorithms are used for identifying unknown malware. To augment judgments of the algorithms, experts’ opinions are used to classify files suspected as malware which the algorithms are not decisive about. Finally, collaborative feedback and tips from end-users are meshed into the identification process. DENAT system is an offensive mechanism which uses Machine Learning algorithms to analyze traffic that is sent from organizations such as universities through Network Address Translators (NAT). The analysis associates users with the content of their traffic in order to identify access to terror related websites.
Write a paper, 5 pages of double spaced content as a minimum, addressing the attached case study. Respond to the case in essay form, with a clear thesis paragraph and body paragraphs which relate the appropriate components (below) within the case(s). Be sure to include a concluding paragraph.
1. Thoroughly discuss the critical infrastructure (CI) (the defensive protection mechanisms and the offensive protection mechanisms’ approaches), the eDare system is programmed to protect
2. Identify where eDare is enabled and the processes used to protect customers on the core network. Describe fully how the DSS is used to analyze executable files
3. Define and classify malware. How does eDare architecture protect the end user using KHMH and NMDM. Thoroughly explain, compare and contrast these two approaches in terms of AI neural network algorithms.
4. Describe the five analysis capabilities the eDare agent performs on the user’s device to conduct critical infrastructure protection & feedback
5. What is NAT? How does the eDare system approach NAT? Does the decision involve one or several protocols?
Be sure to use APA-style parenthetical citations throughout the paper to support claims or statements. Be sure to use quotation marks for any text taken directly from another source, and try to limit the number of direct quotes used in your paper. Instead, analyze, synthesize and interpret content drawn from other sources to support your answers to the case questions. At least one source must be the attached case study.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR PAPER NOW!