What do you think are the key obstacles for effective climate mitigation policy in your context (country)? How do you think that they could be overcome?
ATTENTION: writing assignment should be like as a second language student level!
(Login details upon acceptance)This week we\’ll move into the first of two weeks on climate change – looking at aspects of the issue and the potential policy responses and their strengths and weaknesses.• Weekly discussion
• This is the question that needs to be answered within 200 words:
What do you think are the key obstacles for effective climate mitigation policy in your context (country)? How do you think that they could be overcome?• Reading 1 (week 8)URL
Jagers, SC & Hammer, H 2009, ‘Environmental taxation for good and for bad: the efficiency and legitimacy of Sweden’s carbon tax’, Environmental politics, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 218-237
• Reading 2 (week 8)URL
Lutsey, N & Sperling, D 2008, ‘America’s bottom-up climate change mitigation policy’, Energy Policy, vol. 36, pp. 673-685.
• Reading 3 (week 8) – optionalURL
Newell, RG 2010, ‘The role of markets and policies in delivering climate change mitigation’, Oxford Review of Economic Policy, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 253-269.
• Video: IPCC 5th Assessment ReportURL (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-Hcu3jH8G4)
• Video: Climate Science – What you need to knowURL (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffjIyms1BX4)
• Video: Why people don\’t believe in climate scienceURL (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2euBvdP28c)